nagios breaks with strict.pm error after up2date on Red Hat 7.1

Petar Nikolich petar at escape.net.au
Mon Sep 16 13:41:31 CEST 2002

[new listmember warning]

Hello All,

After doing an up2date on a red hat box running Nagios I am faced with
the following message. A quick search with google brings no joy in
solving my problem. Maybe someone else who has recently updated their
perl distro can assist?

The Line 13 referred  to in p1.pl is the first of these three:

 use strict;
 use vars '%Cache';
 use Symbol qw(delete_package);

I don't understand /why/ it is looking for strict.pm when it is a
scoping directive and not a module (I think?)

The box is a RH 7.1 just updated.

Any help VERY appreciated.

..Petar
-------------------------
[root at server root]# /etc/init.d/nagios restart
Running configuration check...done
Stopping network monitor: nagios
Starting network monitor: nagios
Can't locate strict.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /usr/local/nagios/bin/p1.pl
line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/nagios/bin/p1.pl line 13.
  PID TTY          TIME CMD
18625 ?        00:00:00 nagios