urlize usage

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Fri Sep 13 18:38:03 CEST 2002

Wait, lets try this again...I missed something:

Try changing the command_line to:

command_line    $USER1$/urlize
"/nagios/cgi-bin/traceroute.cgi?$HOSTADDRESS$" "$USER1$/check_ping -H
$HOSTADDRESS$ -w 150,25% -c 1000,50% -p 5"

All I did was put quotes around the two arguments to urlize and changed
the colons to commas for the warning/critical levels. I know commas
work, I don't know about the colons.  * I also added the $USER1$ before
the check_ping...I have a feeling that's your real problem.  Otherwise
it might not find the plugin.  If you were trying this from within your
libexec directory, then it would have worked, but Nagios wouldn't be
able to find the plugin. *

-Russell

Rusch, Daniel wrote:

>All
>
>I have defined the following command:
>
># 'check_ping_local_urlized' command definition
>define command{
>        command_name    check_ping_local_urlized
>        command_line    $USER1$/urlize
>/nagios/cgi-bin/traceroute.cgi?$HOSTADDRESS$ check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w
>150:25% -c 1000:50% -p 5
>        }
>
>If I run it from the command line (replacing HOSADDRESS of course) it works,
>but from nagios I get an error: Problem no data recieived from host.
>
>Any thoughs.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Daniel

Russell Scibetti