Database Problem

Richard Mayhew rmayhew at mweb.com
Fri Sep 13 12:48:13 CEST 2002

Hi All,

I am in the process of upgrading from Netsaint to Nagios, however I
can't seem to get Nagios to use the database.
I have created and initialised the Nagios database, compiled in MySQL
support for Nagios, and migrated my netsaint
Database configs across. I have added the new users etc.

All seems to fine, I can query the Nagios Database with out a problem,
but it seems Nagios can't insert any data in to the database.

Here are some errors.

[1031910555] Error: Could not read program retention data from table
programretention
[1031910555] Error: Could not read host retention data from table
hostretention
[1031910555] Error: Could not read service retention data from table
serviceretention
[1031910555] Error: Could not lock status data tables in database ''

[1031910588] Error: Could not insert row for program retention data in
table 'programretention'
[1031910588] Error: Could not insert retention data for host
'hostname'in table 'hostretention'

Any ideas, I have compiled in DEBUG support for MYSQL but I don't see
any more info regarding it?
Is there something I need to activate?

--

Regards,