Cgi Authentication

Darren Gamble Darren.Gamble at sjrb.ca
Thu Sep 12 19:14:10 CEST 2002

Good day,

> Morning Everyone,
>
> I'm haveing a problem with user authentication, I want people
> to be able
> use the "guest" account without having to login, I'm able to
> to log in as
> myself but everyone a "guest" tries to connect it it still asks for a
> password.

Remember that it is not Nagios, but Apache (or whatever you are using as a
web server) that is asking for authentication.

You will either have to create a "guest" account with a user/password in a
readable location or printed in the authentication realm, or have your
authentication module allow a blank username and password.

Darren Gamble
Planner, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP
630 - 3rd Avenue SW