Nagios Verification and NIS integration

Nathan Hill cmsu_tech2 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 12 19:19:08 CEST 2002

Hello

I have two issues that I am having problems with.

The first issue:  I compiled and installed nagios with
the --with-pgsql-xdata option to allow for PostgreSQL
extended data.  I set up all the configuration files
as directed in the documentation.  I go to verify the
configuration using nagios -v
/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg and get the following
error message:
Error: Unexpected token or statement in file
'/usr/local/ nagios/etc/cgi.cfg' on line 15.I used the
sample configuration file as a template.  On line 15
in cgi.cfg it reads
main_config_file=/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
which is the location of the nagios main configuration
file.  Do I have a wrong directive somewhere?

Second issue:  I am trying to set up apache 1.3 with
authorization to nagios through NIS+ using the
mod_auth_pam module.  Here is what my virtual host
configuration is:
<VirtualHost _default_:80>
ServerName localhost.localdomain
ServerAlias localhost

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin /usr/local/nagios/sbin
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin">
AllowOverride AuthConfig
order allow,deny
allow from all
Options ExecCGI
</Directory>

Alias /nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/share/
<Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
Options None
AllowOverride AuthConfig
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

The rest of the httpd.conf file is the standard when
you install apache.

My .htaccess files look like:
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Nagios"
AuthPAM_Enabled on
AuthPAM_FallThrough on
require group groupname

When I try to access the page through the browser, it
gives me an internal server error.  Does anyone have
any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Nathan Hill