parallelize_check in define service

Alistair Hopkins alistair at berthengron.co.uk
Thu Sep 12 10:11:05 CEST 2002

 Can I just check exactly how this works?

quote rtfm:
 If all else fails you can effectively prevent service checks from being
parallelized by setting the max_concurrent_checks option to 1. This will
allow only one service to be checked at a time, so it isn't a spectacular
solution. If there is enough demand, I will add an option to the service
definitions which will allow you to specify on a per-service basis whether
or not a service check can be parallelized. If there isn't enough demand, I
won't...

Does this mean that the parallelize option has been implemented for a single
service?

Specifically, if I am monitoring machines by dialling out over ISDN, and I
set parallelize_check to 0 for the service template I use for launching the
dial-check-and-disconnect plugin, should that prevent parallelization for
those services only, or for all services?  There are rather a lot of
machines to be checked, some ISDN some ADSL...

It seems to be preventing all services on the host from paralellising, which
is not ideal atall!

Thanks,

Alistair
---