AW: Any experiences with check_udp

ZIEGENBEIN, Kurt kurt.ziegenbein at saarstahl.de
Thu Sep 12 08:33:34 CEST 2002

Hi Scott!

You're right: checking UDP is a little bit more complicated than TCP,
because there are no connections. The only thing that causes the bind
to fail is a ICMP-error of the host that has to be checked. And since
we can't asume that everyting is ok, if no error was returned,
we can't do such a simple check as for TCP...

Now I've to find out, how I can get Citrix to return a UDP packet...

ciao
Kurt