Two Questions

Brandon Amundson bamundson at bbn.com
Wed Sep 11 14:54:14 CEST 2002

All;

I am using nagios 1.0b3 and have two questions that I cannot find the
answers to.

First:

I receive the following email when one of my server is reported as down.\

Notification Type: PROBLEM
Host: 192.168.0.1
State: DOWN
Address: 192.168.0.1
Info: check_ping: %s: Warning threshold must be integer or percentage!

Date/Time: Wed Sept 11 02:19:58 EDT 200

What can I do to get this to report an actual error rather than this
Warning.

Second:

When a service for a particular server goes down, it changes the Host status
(On the Service Detail page) to be highlighted in red and marked as down.
Once the service is restored the Host is still marked as down and
highlighted in red. What can I do to have the server rechecked and the
status of the server restored to the up state?

Thanks

Brandon