Notification bug

Kenneth.ray kenneth.ray at travelersla.com
Tue Sep 10 15:00:21 CEST 2002

I have noticed that if you put them in different groups it does not stop either
Nagios nor Netsaint from re-notifying that same contact. That is a good thing for
me, because I have notification groups set up so a person might exist in several
groups and receive different notifications for different reasons.

Is this a bug? I can't say it is or isn't, but I would say, if its a bug, then
KEEP IT. I need it.
your information doesnt look like it includes the whole picture, you are only
showing one definition of the users, I suspect one of two things, either these users
are defined somewhere else OR you have the Contact group  microgroup defined
somewhere else as a member of another group, possibly two. This is ok but would
produce the effect your describing. You might want to check that first, If that is
not the case then i would suggest reposting and actually include a service that is
displaying the effect as well as your entire contacts and contact groups. without
this information, IMHO it would be hard to help you further.

Message: 4