Graphing the data ? (performance data + rrdtool)

Thomas tguthmann at cvf.fr
Mon Sep 9 17:23:57 CEST 2002

Hi,

After some searches in the mailing lists archives, I saw the discussion
about graphing performance data under rrdtool was already started...
But I saw no solution (understand scripts ou source code) for doing the
bizness. Except a mail from Ben Mitchell (10 july) explaining that he
has done a perl script to submit performance data into rrdtool... but no
attachment :(

So my question is : does anybody have a script to do send performance
data into rrdtool graphs for monitoring cpu load, ping evolution and
other data like this.

Under big brother, it exists a plugin call "larrd" which do the trick
... That's why I'm asking the question for Nagios.

If someone have a good script and tips to do the job, it will be good to
put it into the FAQ, I also saw in the M.L. that ... hum I forgot the
name, use urlize to put its graph in nagios.

Thanks
Thomas