starting Nagios via Webbrowser

rpatl at gmx.at rpatl at gmx.at
Mon Sep 9 09:08:54 CEST 2002

Hi

I tried to start nagios via Webbrowser and it worked.
Now i have changed a lot of things. If I start nagios from the console it
works fine.
If I start it from the Webbrowser it also works. I get the notifications and
I can see the processes like check_ping. But the cgi's do not change or
refresh.
The nagios.log file looks like :

Nagios 1.0b5 starting... (PID=3293)
Warning:Could not set effective GID=100
Warning:Unable to change supplementary groups using initgroups() --  I hope
you know what you are doing
Warning:Could not set effective UID=501

I do not know what to do. I tried nearly everything.
If you know how to do it, could you please let me know.

I also think it has worked last week before I did the modifications.

thanks
Patrick

http://www.gmx.net