New question

jo smith joblow7777 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 5 23:38:00 CEST 2002

Yes, I'm running Solaris 8 and got the programs from
sunfreeware.  The png I've got right now is source I
downloaded from the libpng URL.  I got the libpng
compiled just fine.  Now I can't get the gd to
compile.  See the following:

ld -shared -o libgd.so.2.0.0 gd.o gd_gd.o gd_gd2.o
gd_io.o gd_io_dp.o  gd_io_file.o gd_ss.o gd_io_ss.o
gd_png.o gd_jpeg.o gdxpm.o  gdfontt.o gdfonts.o
gdfontmb.o gdfontl.o gdfontg.o  gdtables.o gdft.o
gdcache.o gdkanji.o wbmp.o  gd_wbmp.o gdhelpers.o
gd_topal.o
ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable
are incompatible
ld: fatal: Flags processing errors
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`libgd.so.2.0.0'

Now what?