Nagios vs. .NET's MOM

Corry Macfarlane cmacfarlane at netzero.net
Thu Sep 5 18:15:50 CEST 2002

Some great comments from all.   I concur that you have to look at ROI
but you have to do a complete ROI model including startup costs,
training costs, ongoing maintenance, operations, etc, etc.  MOM
licensing will definitely get you but for some shops it may be worth it
- especially if you're a Microsoft only shop.  The cost of bringing in
Linux skills or training may be enough to offset the licensing costs.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that if you take your particular
situation and run a complete ROI model across people, technology, and
processes you'll end up with an easy decision for your boss.  I can't
tell you which one will win because it depends on your situation, but in
any case, you'll be able to easily justify the decision.