Nagios vs. .NET's MOM

Brian Whitehead brian.whitehead at digitalevergreen.com
Thu Sep 5 16:52:39 CEST 2002

Regardless, which one you go with you'll still need the server.  One
point is that you'll need a much bigger server for the Microsoft
product.  I can guarantee that the minimum requirements are MUCH higher
for the MS OS and software than running Linux and Nagios.  I could
probably run this on an old 486 although I wouldn't want to.

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 09:37, Wilcox, Chris wrote:
> Focus on ROI and initial startup costs.  Because the OS is free and the
> program is free, it really makes it a no brainer in the bosses eyes.
>
> Just one incident saved because of the monitoring tool can be worth the cost
> of the server.....
>
> Plus wrap the server cost into other areas of traffic monitoring and
> protocol analysis. All free on the Linux platform.
>
> MRTG
> Network Probe
>
> These are just two great products that also can be put on the server for
> next to nothing. (sweat and tears only)
>
> Good Luck!!
>
> Chris.

Brian Whitehead - A+, LCP, RHCE