Troubles installing mysql plugin

Gizmo gizmo at thegremlins.net
Mon Sep 2 12:20:42 CEST 2002

Hi All,

My nagios plugin source keeps complaining about not being able to find the mysql libs, allthough I allready pointed the right directory: --with-mysqllibdir=/usr/local/lib/mysql

libdbug.a    libmyisammrg.a      libmysqlclient.so.10@      libnisam.a
libheap.a    libmysqlclient.a    libmysqlclient.so.10.0.0*
libmerge.a   libmysqlclient.la*  libmystrings.a
libmyisam.a  libmysqlclient.so@  libmysys.a

These are the files that are in that dir....

And this is the error I get:

configure: WARNING: Skipping mysql plugin
configure: WARNING: install mysql client libs to compile this plugin (see Requirements).

I've done everything the manual/configure file says, but it won't compile...

Does anyone have a sollution for me, of maybe even a compiled version of the mysql plugin?

Thanks in advance

Rob