Quick verification !

Jose L. Marcos jose-louis.marcos at cnes.fr
Mon Sep 2 10:57:51 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I've managed to configure Nagios to "control" 30 hosts, 300 services...

While testing the whole thing, something seems wrong to me : I've a host
(hp-ux) for which I've defined a EMS (HP-UX hardware monitor) service in
Nagios based on NSCA (basically EMS sends mails when something is going
wrong on the host, and a small piece of PERL analyze this email, and
eventually "send_nsca" something to Nagios).

Doing some basic testing, I create a Critical event to be sent to
Nagios, I'd expected my host to "go red" in the status map... but it
didn't.

Actually Nagios show the host in green (on the status map), with some
services critical. Is this the correct behaviour for Nagios ? Has it
something to deal with some misconfiguration (or misunderstanding of the
configuration) ?

Thanx in advance for any pointer.

--
	Jose Luis

    Y no llegaste a quererme, y eran mis cinco sentidos
     Y no llegaste a quererme, y que desgraciaito he sido
      Y que ha tenido que aborrecerte tanto como te ha querido (Camaron)