Problem with rescheduling

Moser Wolfgang w.moser at conova.com
Thu Oct 31 14:21:54 CET 2002

Hello!

I posted this message for about 10 days but got now answer, so I try it
again!!
Need help!!!!!

I had a strange situation with nagios which I can't explain to myself.
It makes me a bit insecure about nagios, may anyone can allay my worries.

I am using Nagios 1.05b, till now I haven't the full structure of the
network implemented. That means no parent hosts and service dependencies
are taken into account.
Last Friday 18.10.2002 a switch went down and of course all hosts
connected to it! A lot of notifications are sent out (sms storm!!), so
far so good.
But the problem was that a lot of service checks and host checks are
scheduled for the next check anytime on 18.10.2002 which is far over!!!
Today 21.10.2002, after the weekend, are still a lot of service and
hostchecks scheduled for anytime on the 18.10.2002.

Does this mean that this service or hosts are never checked again????
What could have happend??
I am a bit clueless!

I again red the check scheduling rules and came to the conclusion, this
situation shouldn't appear!!

Please give me an idea where the mistake was, nagios,
myself, a restart of nagios at the wrong time, whatever!!!

thanks
Wolfgang

PS: After a restart of Nagios all checks are schedueled with the right
time!!