APAN

Fredrik Wänglund Fredrik.Wanglund at datavis.se
Thu Oct 31 08:22:40 CET 2002

Yes thats exactly what Apan is.
Apan's main advantage over RRDTool+frontend is that it's integrated in Nagios. Nagios is used to trigger alerts when proplems occur and you have one overall view of your hosts/networks/services-status.

Over to your qestion. How do you collect data to your RRD's today? Have those collectors the ability to trigger anything based on the return values? If they have, then you can use passive checks in Nagios to handle the alerts.

/FredrikW