APAN

Jamie jamie at bclnz.net
Wed Oct 30 23:26:14 CET 2002

Hi Nagios'ers,

I've been watching the APAN related emails fly past, and I've been asking
myself - "what is APAN?" - I'll need to explain this to other people
succinctly at some stage. This is what I've got so far:

"..APAN is an add-on to Nagios that is driven by the Nagios check process.
As checks are carried out, the results are logged in an RRD database, which
is used to display the historical performance data of the monitored
service..."

- Is that correct?

Question: What If I've got an RRDTool + Front end working perfectly well
already?. Can I use APAN (or does something exist) to *extract* from the RRD
db and compare against my defined service thresholds??

I hope I'm not too far off with my description above. Please correct me if
I'm wrong.

Cheers

Jamie