Distributed monitoring problem.

Sean McAvoy sean.mcavoy at megawheels.com
Wed Oct 30 19:16:09 CET 2002

Hello,
I've got a 1 central server (no out going connections allowed), and 2
remote nagios systems. I've got the remotes reporting back to the
central server, the remote system reports that there is a problem (not a
WARNING/CRITICAL response), the central server still reports it to be
OK. Below is the command issued and then the response received. Any
ideas how I can get it to recognise this as a warning?

the command line I am using is:
check_ftp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 10 -c 15 -t 20
the output from the command line is:
FTP problem - 14 second response time

Also I get the below for the status information on a few hosts:
No data was recieved from host!
Socket timeout after 10 seconds

The central server still has them listed as "OK". Where should I be
looking (the remote systems, or the central server) to get this listed
as a failure?

Thanks in advance.

--
Sean McAvoy