check_ntp question

Jake Colman colman at ppllc.com
Tue Oct 29 20:13:40 CET 2002

How is check_ntp supposed to work?  I am running ntpd on the server that is
also hosting nagios.  My ntpd server synchronizes with two public stratus 2
servers, and it serves the time to my internal LAN.

What is check_ntp supposed to do for me and how can I get it do something
useful?  I'd like to monitor that my ntpd server is actually running and that
it is properly synchronizing to the configured external ntp servers (I just
discovered that the servers I had been using for years have gone off-line but
I never realized it!).

Can check_ntp do this for me?  How?  I've played with it but cannot get
useful output.

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: colman at ppllc.com
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  www.principiapartners.com