email notification question

Jeff McKeon jsm at inpro.net
Mon Oct 28 23:34:04 CET 2002

Ok, I've got email notifications working, sort of...

(fyi: RH 8.0 with sendmail)

the problem I'm having seems to be that because the email's are going
out from the sendmail server on the localhost, which isn't a registered
server and can't be resolve via DNS, certain receiving email servers are
rejecting the mail.  Probably as an antispam protection.  Is there a way
to set an alias for the nagios email address?  So instead of the
notifications coming from nagios at machinename.localdomain.net it can be
set with a return address of an existing email account that can be
resolved?

thanks!

Jeff