Problem with init script "nagios reload"

Nikolai Bamburov niko at de.clara.net
Mon Oct 28 14:59:57 CET 2002

In init script:

        reload|force-reload)
                printf "Running configuration check..."
                $NagiosBin -v $NagiosCfg > /dev/null 2>&1;
                if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
                        echo "done"
                        if test ! -f $NagiosRun; then
                                $0 start
                        else
                                NagiosPID=`head -n 1 $NagiosRun`
                                if status nagios > /dev/null; then
                                        printf "Reloading nagios
configuration..."
                                        killproc_nagios nagios -HUP
                                        echo "done"
                                else
                                        $0 stop
                                        $0 start
                                fi
                        fi
                else
                        $NagiosBin -v $NagiosCfg
                        echo "failed - aborting reload."
                        exit 1
                fi
                ;;

must be:

        reload|force-reload)
                printf "Running configuration check..."
                $NagiosBin -v $NagiosCfg > /dev/null 2>&1;
                if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
                        echo "done"
                        if test ! -f $NagiosRun; then
                                $0 start
                        else
                                NagiosPID=`head -n 1 $NagiosRun`
                                if status_nagios nagios > /dev/null; then
                                        printf "Reloading nagios
configuration..."
                                        killproc_nagios nagios -HUP
                                        echo "done"