[Fwd: simple ping not working.]

Jeff McKeon jsm at inpro.net
Fri Oct 25 22:17:10 CEST 2002

Proof...

check_ping run manually as user nagios

[nagios at localhost libexec]$ ./check_ping 10.16.1.7 -w 10,60% -c 15,80%
PING OK - Packet loss = 0%, RTA = 0.49 ms
[nagios at localhost libexec]$

ls of /usr/local/nagios/libexec/

[nagios at localhost libexec]$ ls
check_breeze    check_http          check_nagios  check_rpc
check_users
check_by_ssh    check_ifoperstatus  check_nntp    check_sensors
check_vsz
check_dig       check_ifstatus      check_ntp     check_smtp
check_wave
check_disk      check_imap          check_nwstat  check_snmp     negate
check_disk_smb  check_ircd          check_oracle  check_ssh      urlize
check_dns       check_ldap          check_overcr  check_swap
utils.pm
check_dummy     check_load          check_ping    check_tcp
utils.sh
check_flexlm    check_log           check_pop     check_time
check_ftp       check_mrtg          check_procs   check_udp
check_hpjd      check_mrtgtraf      check_real    check_ups