Right way have handling HOST HEADER Servers

Jeff Rendl jeff.rendl at ifsna.com
Fri Oct 25 17:17:10 CEST 2002

In services.cfg, for this particular web server, I have the following:

host_name                bigwebserver
...blah, blah, blah
check_command        check_http -H virtualhost.thisplace.com -u /thisdir
}

It worded before I added the host header stuff, but the web server doesn't
give anything back when you go to it by its host name, only when you go by
one of the *many* hosted sites on the server.

Am I fundamentally missing something here?  What's the right way to setup a
web server in Nagios that has many different sites running on it?  Do I
setup individual hosts for it for each site?  I really don't want this thing
showing up as a bunch of hosts, but if I must, I must.

Thanks!
-Jeff