State retention??

Michael Jakscht jakscht at vit.de
Fri Oct 25 08:16:11 CEST 2002

Hi,

> It means that Nagios will remember the states of hosts
> and services between restarts.  :)  Ie, if host A is down when
> you stop Nagios, it will still be down when you start it back
> up again.  HTH.

Yeah ok but then can someone tell me please why the following is happening:

Last week we changed the network card on an nt-server from tokenring to
ethernet.
As a result of this the ip of the host changed (from the tokenring-net to
the ethernet-net).
So I changed the ip in the host.cfg file and the checks of the host and the
services went on like before...
Now when I try to generate a hostgroup availability report for this host,
this month and first assumed state is up with "assume state retention"
enabled i get a red bar since the network card change...
Disabling the "assume state retention" let's the bar go green...

What's the point I'm missing?

Michael