Testing for 2k boxes joining the domain

Greg Vickers g.vickers at qut.edu.au
Thu Oct 24 04:53:30 CEST 2002

Hi all,
Just a question: how could you use Nagios to test wether a 2k computer has
successfully joined the domain? We have lecture theatre computers that
automagically log on when they start up. If there is (god forbid) and
network problem or something else that stops them joining the domain, they
will do a local login.
Is there a service that runs after they successfully join the domain? i.e.
so that we can actively check that they have joined the domain.

Thanks,

=================================
Greg Vickers
Computer Systems Officer