GD/CGI Problem with Redhat 8.0

Ramiro Morales rm-rpms at gmx.net
Tue Oct 22 23:50:43 CEST 2002

On 22 Oct 2002 at 16:10, Jeff Rendl wrote about "[Nagios-users] GD/CGI Problem with Redhat 8.0":

> When I run ./configure, it doesn't find the GD libraries even if I
> specify the --with-gd-blah-blah lines.  I did search the archives, but
> it referenced an older version of Redhat and files I couldn't "locate".
>
> What files is it looking for specifically?  Does Redhat put them in a
> different place?  I got everything else working, but I can't do the
> trends scripts (or anything graphically related).

Make sure you have the gd-devel RPm package installed besides the gd
one.

> I know GD (and the other support libraries) are there because GD works
> good with PHP.  It's 1.8.4.  It's basically a clean install of V8.0
> Redhat.

So you are using binaries of these pieces of code (I mean you
didn't compile them), in that case the 'missing GD development files'
problem would never manifest itself with these programs; but it serves
to assure you the installation of the GD runtime is ok.

-