Suggestion: Alerts

Bishop, Dean dean.bishop at tcdsb.org
Mon Oct 21 14:47:44 CEST 2002

yeah, this is built in already in a couple of ways.

first, if the Nagios box is available you can simply "Acknowledge" the
alert.  You could do this either from the web interface or from a ssh
session by piping the appropriate command into the external command file.

second, you could set notifications to only be sent once on state changes.
You do this by setting the notification interval to zero.

personally, i have mine set to one hour just so i don't forget about
anything.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#host
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#service

later,