Suggestion: Alerts

Carlos Rego carlos at datacolo.com
Sun Oct 20 19:05:25 CEST 2002

I have my alerts to check every 5 minutes and report every 10 minutes (checking every 1 minute if the host or service is down)

The reason for myself for the 10 minute gap between the alerts is if the host goes down, I don't' need my pager ringing every minute telling me it's down while I drive to the NOC

but I realised now that, if the host comes back up (while it's checking in the minute intervals) I wont' know until the 10 minute gap is over.

It would be nice if the SAME message would be restrain to be sent over and over, but a change on a down service to UP, should send a notification right away :)

(hope I made sence, sorry, English is not my native language)
--
Carlos Rego, carlos at datacolo.com on 10/20/2002