reading configs real-time??

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Fri Oct 18 23:32:52 CEST 2002

The nagios daemon only reads the config files on startup and not again.
The CGI's, however need to read them for _every_ page that's displayed.
That's because each CGI called starts, reads the configs, sends the html
it's supposed to and then dies. It's just the nature of the HTTP
protocol. Nagios would need to be written to support SpeedyCGI or some
other CGI caching daemon which I believe is being looked at for an
undetermined future release.

--
Marc