How does Load and Processes (check) work ?

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Fri Oct 18 06:47:52 CEST 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 23:59, Carlos Rego wrote:
> I have
>
> check_local_procs!150!200

define command{
	command_name	check_local_procs
	command_line	$USER1$/check_procs -w $ARG1$ \
			-c $ARG2$ -s $ARG3$
	}

so requires 3 args -- you forgot the state(s) you are scanning for.

define command{
	command_name	check_local_load
	command_line	$USER1$/check_load -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$
	}

> and
>
> check_local_load
>
> on the load I get "Warning threshold must be float or float triplet! "

./plugins/check_load -w 1,2,3 -c 2,3,4

The numbers are the triplet you see when you run 'uptime'

Apparently the ability to specify only one value (which would apply to
all three pairs of the triplet) is broken. I'll try and patch that in
CVS, if I can find the bug.

--
Karl