TRAPS....NET-SNMP

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Thu Oct 17 04:26:02 CEST 2002

It depends on the trap type that you are interested in.

For link/up downtraps you may want a single passive service check
specially for routers unless you also have active checks on a per
interface basis.

link up/down traps for switches are generally a bad idea if they are end
distribution switches that users are plugged into.  You might want to look
at the newRoot or topologyChange traps from Spanning Tree for switches.

-sg