AW: Setting up e-mail notifications.

Frank.Michael at star21.de Frank.Michael at star21.de
Wed Oct 16 15:41:25 CEST 2002

i think you have to setup a contact in contacts.cfg and add this contact
in a contactgroup.cfg and at least you add the group to your
service.cfg! this is the way how email noticfication works at my nagios.

# contact.cfg
# 'michael email' contact definition
define contact{
        contact_name                    michael
        alias                           Admin
        service_notification_period     24x7
        host_notification_period        24x7
        service_notification_options    w,u,c,r
        host_notification_options       d,u,r
        service_notification_commands   notify-by-email
        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-email
        email                           frank.michael at star21.de
        }

#contactgroup.cfg
# 'nagios-admins' contact group definition
define contactgroup{
        contactgroup_name       nagios-admins
        alias                   Nagios Administrators
        members                 michael
                }
# service.cfg
# Service definition
define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use
        host_name                       <yourhost>
        service_description             PING
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  nagios-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r,u,w
        check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
        }