nrpe + plugins for SUNOS 5.8?

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Wed Oct 16 01:51:16 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 10:39, Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] wrote:
> This has become something of a FAQ.
>
> I'm wondering if Ethan would be willing for us to supply 2 tarballs per
> package (the original package, compiled but not installed, and a separate
> tarball with just the binaries) and host them on his site...?
>
> I'd be willing to create Solaris packages for them, if I thought that
> everyone would want them consistently installed in one location (eg, under
> /usr/local), but I'm not convinced that's the case.  *shrug*  If there's
> demand for this, I'll still do it.

There are solaris pkg script thingies with both nagios and nagiosplug.
They could use some TLC, but they work (they build into /usr/local).
Anyone who cares to comment is welcome to do so. They are in the CVS and
in the tarballs.

I will try to make and post them, on www.debisschop.net, for Solaris
2.7. This is a little harder than it used to be, because my emplyer's
firewall nolonger allows outbound SSH or CVS. So I have to update the
repository reemotely, then VPN it into the office :-(

I will also move my nightly tar of netsaint plugins over to nagios. I
expect this to happen in the next few days, maybe even tonight.

But more binary builds is a good thing.