newbie question

twebster at daksoft.com twebster at daksoft.com
Mon Oct 14 19:04:37 CEST 2002

Yes, you can monitor binarys based on there output, that is basically how
plugins work.

Read the following pages, and this should give you an idea of what you need
to do.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/plugins.html
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/plugintheory.html
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/eventhandlers.html

Tony

|---------+---------------------------------------->
|         |           Eduard San Anselmo           |
|         |           <esananselmo at albasoft.com>   |
|         |           Sent by:                     |
|         |           nagios-users-admin at lists.sour|
|         |           ceforge.net                  |
|         |                                        |
|         |                                        |
|         |           10/14/2002 09:54 AM          |
  |       To:       nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net                                                                           |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [Nagios-users] newbie question                                                                               |

Hi everyone, I've just read about Nagios and I still haven't got to play
with it: before, I would like to make one question (I'm afraid it won't
be the last, so take my apologies in advance): :Does Nagios support
monitoring of binaries, based on their return values?
Thank you.