Status Information Field

Fredrik Wänglund Fredrik.Wanglund at datavis.se
Fri Oct 11 15:30:42 CEST 2002

Probably due to the limited length of plugin-output. Look at http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net/developer-guidelines.html#PLUGOUTPUT.

/FredrikW

-----Original Message-----
From:	Kjetil Kvig [mailto:kjetil at catchcom.com]
Sent:	Fri 11-Oct-02 14:59
To:	Nagios-list (E-post)
Subject:	SV: [Nagios-users] Status Information Field

Is there any solution to this problem below?
I tried editing the common/objects.h file below, but when compiling it failed...

I am using Nagios to monitor some equipment (Riverstone routers and some other devices).
What information i am interested in getting is the ifDescr value of all interfaces on this equipment.

When i use the check_ifstatus plugin in the command line like this:
check_ifstatus -C <community> -H <hostaddress>

...i get the full list of interfaces on the device.

But when i make a new check command like this:
define command{
        command_name    check_router_full
        command_line    $USER1$/check_ifstatus -C <community> -H $HOSTADDRESS$
        }

And use this check command in a service like this:
define service{
        use                             generic-servicew
        host_name                       router1
        service_description             Router no. 1
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  router-admins
        notification_interval           240
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_router_full
        }

When the check_ifstatus output is displayed in the Service Detail menu, it doesnt display the whole list of interfaces....but stops in the middle.
This is pretty annoying :(

Solution of this problem is greatly wanted...

By the way...is it possible to just display the interfaces that does not have AdminStatus - down?
So when an interface that does not have AdminStatus down, actually goes down...an alarm is raised.
The other alternative i have is to use the check_ifoperstatus plugin for each interface (meaning a LOT of manual configuration).

Thanks, any help appreciated :)

-Kjetil