Nagios Mail-From - Address

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Oct 8 16:41:00 CEST 2002

This sounds like an MTA configuration problem.

Tell you what:  If you like, I'll tweak your sendmail.cf for you.  But I
also need to know:

- what FQDN do you want to show in the From address?  (eg, @vit.de,
@linux.vit.de, etc)
- what's the hostname of your smarterhost?  (make sure that your Linux host
can resolve this address)

I think that's it.  I'll let you know after I have another coffee.  ;)

jc