notify-by-email

Tom Welsh twelsh at tcplan.net
Mon Oct 7 18:41:55 CEST 2002

Hi all

I've just moved from red hat to debian linux and am still experiancing
niggling probs with nagios.

My current one is that im not recieving any emails if i get warning
thresholds exceeded.

The first part was that the install was looking in /usr/sbin for mail. I've
now changed the config to look in /usr/bin but i still dont get any emails
from nagios. i can mail myself fine from the command line.

My notify-by-email command is vanilla straight from the install.

# 'notify-by-email' command definition (ORIGINAL)
define command{
       name            notify-by-email
       command_name    notify-by-email command_line    /usr/bin/printf
'Notification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n
\nService: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState:
$SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$OUTPUT$' |
/usr/bin/mail -s ' $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is
$SERVICESTATE$ ' $CONTACTEMAIL$
       }

Any ideas, i cant work it out, but thats not unusuall as im probably stupid.

Cheers

Tom Welsh