Problems Running NRPE Client on an HP-UX workstation

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Fri Oct 4 21:32:16 CEST 2002

Hello all,

I have set up the nrpe client an HP-UX machine runing version 10.20. The
check I'm running is the check_disk command. The syntax of the line in the
nrpe.cfg file reads:

command[check_disk1]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_disk 80 95
/dev/vg01/lvol3

The connection is being refused. I am wondering if trying to read a logical
volume could be generating this error. I have spoken to several people and
it does not appear to be a permissions issue. FYI: The Nagios application
server
is not part of an NIS domain while the workstation is a member of one.
However, both
machines can see each other on the network. The workstation can be accessed
via telnet
while the application server can be connected to via ssh. Your thoughts?