Setting up notify-by-email

Marcus Nilsson Marcus.Nilsson at Cannondale.com
Fri Oct 4 09:20:35 CEST 2002

What would be the easiest way to do it? I have sendmail installed but not
configured, its seems to be a bitch to set up.. I have quite limited
knowledge in MTS's. Is there some how-to on this subject maybe? I am feeling
pretty confused.

Thanks

Marcus

-----Original Message-----
From: Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] [mailto:jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 9:03 AM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Nagios-users] Setting up notify-by-email

Nagios follows the *nix paradigm of not reinventing the wheel, so you'll
need to leverage some MTA.  Since *nix typically comes with Sendmail, you
can choose to configure that, or replace it with Postfix, Qmail, or possibly
others.  You'll still need to configure the MTA you decide to use, however.

jc