Change timeout alerts from CRITICAL to WARNING

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Thu Oct 3 01:23:10 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 10:26, Nolan Martin wrote:
> I am sure that the timeout is not due to Nagios, and instead is due to
> latency in the lines between our primary campus and these remote sites.
> And I agree wholeheartedly that such timeouts point to underlying issues
> that need to be addressed.  And that's one reason I turned to
> applications like Nagios and MRTG - to help identify areas that need to
> be improved - and to have the data to support these cases.

When I meant 'due to nagios' I meant that there is a config in nagios
that generates an error condition (IIRC, critical) when a configuratble
threshold is set.

I understand that the latency is real. I'm suggesting that if increasing
the plugin timeout still produces CRITICAL status conditions, that it
may be that status condition is caught by nagios, rather than the
plugin. Thus, changing the plugin code would have no effect. Which seems
to be what you are describing...

Anyway, since you're sould nagios isn't generating the code, I'll drop
it.

--
Karl