FAQ: Passive host checks?

Leif Nixon nixon at nsc.liu.se
Wed Oct 2 10:02:56 CEST 2002

I have failed to find any answer to the following question, either
in the list archives or by Google;

If I have a homegrown method for performing distributed host checks,
how can I report the results to Nagios?

Passive *service* checks are well documented; passive *host* checks
are not.

My current workaround is to define a service called ALIVE and
report passive service checks for that service, but that is not
100% satisfying.

--
Leif Nixon                                    Systems expert