simple question - where does the output of event_handlers go?

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at herff-jones.com
Wed Nov 27 22:34:01 CET 2002

I suppose I could Use the Source, but maybe someone out there already
knows...

When an event handler produces output, where, if anywhere, does that output
go.  I made an event handler for testing that just echos "purple people
eater" to standard output, but I'm not seeing it in any of the obvious (to
me) places - ie the event log, the service page or the host page.

I got curious when I realized I had no idea where the output of the echo
statements in the sample event handler script listed in the event handler
documentation would go.  There are several echo statements there - are they
only useful as code comments or for command-line debugging?

Visions of log files filled with HTML-formatted traceroutes, filesystem
space, etc were dancing in my head...

-t.