Having a service as a parent

Dan Spray dan at conpoint.com
Tue Nov 26 15:55:55 CET 2002

Hello,

I have a situation where I am monitoring the loopback address of a Cisco
router as the host.  Then I have all of the interfaces as services using
the check_ifoperstatus to see if they are up or down.  This is working
great but I need the interfaces to be parents for other hosts.  Is this
possible?  Is there a work around other than making the interfaces hosts
themselves?

Dan Spray, Director of Internet Operations dan at conpoint.com
Connecting Point Norfolk, NE < <http://www.conpoint.com/>
http://www.conpoint.com/>
Voice - 402.371.4530 x208 Fax - 402.371.4515
"The trouble with doing anything right the first time is that nobody
appreciates how difficult it was!"