yet ANOTHER NSClient question

Mike McClure mmcclure at pneservices.com
Mon Nov 25 23:57:18 CET 2002

Hi JC,

You can certainly lock it down by using stunnel and SSL client certificates.
There's a Win32 stunnel binary available.  That would take care of encryption and
authentication.

I wouldn't recommend using NSClient on an Internet-exposed Windows box without at
least that protection.  The passwords are sent in cleartext.

- Mike

--
Mike McClure, CCIE # 5125, CISSP # 30232
PNE Services, Inc. -  http://www.pneservices.com
mmcclure at pneservices.com
mobile: 913-636-5590