Another NSClient question

Christian Vanguers wangee at linuxbe.org
Mon Nov 25 22:29:27 CET 2002

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 10:50:19AM -0600, Peter Pan wrote:
> I understand that I can put the key in the registry under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> NSClient -> Params -> password, and modify
it to suit whichever password I choose.  But I am a little confused about
what config file I store this password in on the Nagios box.  I was thinking
I used the "-p" flag in the commands configuration file, then the password
following.  But I must be forgetting something.  Any ideas would be great,
thanks guys

On the readme file of NSclient you can read :

>"There are two parameters you can change: the port (default: 1248) and
>the password (default: 'None'). These two settings are store in the
>registry and can only be changed using 'regedit'. Open the following key
>and change the values if needed :
>
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NSClient\Parms
>
>If you change the password, you will have to use the -s <password> with
>every request you send to NSClient."

Hope this helps,

Chris