downtime and trends.cgi

Marko Riedel mriedel at neuearbeit.de
Mon Nov 25 17:04:25 CET 2002

Hi all,

I am still hoping for help with this. Recall that the problem was that
the trend CGI displays a service in scheduled downtime as
critical. The logs show two different behaviours: there is one
incident where NAGIOS set the service to "critical" about an hour into
a period of scheduled downtime. This is the only such incident and it
occured on the day we activated the program that schedules
downtime. NAGIOS treated the service correctly after that: it did not
go critical during downtime.

So it looks like maybe the problem is with the trend CGI not taking
downtime into account or not interpreting the logs correctly?

Best,