Circular path...

Mike McClure mmcclure at pneservices.com
Sat Nov 23 23:50:17 CET 2002

> Mike,
>
> Thanks the explanation. I got it...
> But at least I want to remove those serials from map, because they appear
> directly connected to the nagios process, what is not the true...
> I´m attaching a screenshot of my map, with some annotations.
> It is possible?

I'm not sure what those are, Rafael.  Are they supposed to be the router serial
interfaces?

If so, why are you defining a *host* for each router interface?  I would make each
interface a *service* under a common router host, using the check_ping or
check_fping command.  The IP address for each router host should be on the loopback
interface, so that it's not associated with any physical interface (you should be
doing that anyway.)

That way, you'll know if it's just an interface/circuit down, or the whole router is
unreachable.

- Mike

--
Mike McClure, CCIE # 5125, CISSP # 30232
PNE Services, Inc. -  http://www.pneservices.com
mmcclure at pneservices.com
mobile: 913-636-5590