Citrix plugin - no output ?

Brian Ipsen Brian.Ipsen at andebakken.dk
Sat Nov 23 15:33:49 CET 2002

Hi!

 At some point a check_cit plugin was posten on the nagiosplug-help list -
for checking distributed applications on Citrix servers.
I've tried the plugin, and it runs without problems when I call it from a
shell prompt:

# ./check_cit -T 5 -B 192.168.1.183 -W Explorer
Ok. Citrix master browser "192.168.1.183" reported that the published
application "Explorer" is available.

Fine, I then add the command to my Nagios system, in checkcommands.cfg:

# 'check_citrix_app' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_citrix_app
        command_line    $USER1$/check_cit -T 5 -B $HOSTADDRESS$ -P $ARG1$ -W
$ARG1$
        }

And the my services.cfg file:

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of
service template to use

        host_name                       citrixserver
        service_description             Published App Explorer
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           5
        retry_check_interval            1
        contact_groups                  hosting-admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            c,r
        check_command                   check_citrix_app!Explorer
        }

But when running Nagios all I get is:

Published App Explorer  CRITICAL 23-11-2002 15:17:55 0d 0h 17m 39s 3/3 (No
output!)

Anybody know why ?? Is it a permission problem, because the nagios process
is runnign as a seperate user (it has full rights to all the plugins, so
that should hopefully not be the problem).

Regards,

/Brian